I'm on MeWe now!

Check out my updates on MeWe: https://mewe.com/i/davidwhite2368

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Bring Back Oral Exams!


Cheating is So Much Easier | The John William Pope Center for Higher Education Policy: talking about essay mills (no relation to J.S.) and the reasons why students not only refuse to write, but cannot recognize that the papers they're buying actually are terrible. "For the most part, our K-12 schools no longer do a decent job of teaching students how to write good, clear English, a defect rooted in the “progressive” education theory that it’s bad to drill rules into students." That's why I have to tailor my essay questions so that you can't simply Google or Wiki the answer --in fact, the last two plagiarism cases I've handled involved straight pasting from Wikipedia. But it's mighty hard to cheat when you're faced with a panel of questioners...

No comments: