I'm on MeWe now!

Check out my updates on MeWe: https://mewe.com/i/davidwhite2368

Monday, January 4, 2021

Well, I DID say I was moving away from Facebook...

Somehow I don't see this year as an issue in terms of people still writing "2020" on their checks.  NO ONE wants 2020 to last any longer than necessary, no matter how inadvertent.

Facebook is toxic.  Yes yes yes, it does allow me to talk to a lot of people all at the same time, including folks I haven't seen in years.  But there's too much What Ain't Right over there.  I will not be feeding the beast any more than absolutely necessary.

I'm not sure how this is going to proceed.  I do have this blog, which has been hiding in the background for years now.  I have a presence on Parler, but not many folks have jumped there yet.  Maybe MeWe, or one of the others?  I don't know.  At least the blog format allows me to do funky things with text and formatting.  It may well be that I post weekly summaries on Facebook all the same.

I may be a bit less "guarded" here.  But that's part of the point.  The ability to speak is the ability to be free.  No amount of weasel words to the contrary will change that.  

Besides, when "They" tell you you're wrong, how often it is really not to "Their" benefit?  Seldom are corrections offered that hurt the ones offering them.  And always remember: it's generally only a single paradigm shift that can cause a designation change from "expert" to "idiot."

No comments: