I'm on MeWe now!

Check out my updates on MeWe: https://mewe.com/i/davidwhite2368

Thursday, January 14, 2021

And so here we are.

 I am largely abandoning Facebook because it's a toxic place full of echo chambers, right and left --but mainly the Left.  Seriously, threatening to kick someone off your Friends list for disagreeing with you when the only people who follow you are people who think like you?   Useless virtue signals!  

Remember when people used to talk about boycotting Walmart and buying locally?  Yeah, it's like that.

I would paraphrase Thoreau to explain myself:

Unjust systems exist: shall we be content to use them, or shall we endeavor to amend them, and use them until we have succeeded, or shall we transgress them at once? Men generally, under such a system as this, think that they ought to wait until they have persuaded the majority to alter them. They think that, if they should resist, the remedy would be worse than the evil. But it is the fault of the system itself and those who benefit from it that the remedy is worse than the evil. It makes it worse....

Let your life be a counter-friction to stop the machine. What I have to do is to see, at any rate, that I do not lend myself to the system which I condemn.

No comments: