I'm on MeWe now!

Check out my updates on MeWe: https://mewe.com/i/davidwhite2368

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

And then T.S. Eliot came to mind...


I grow old, I grow old

I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled


--T.S. Eliot, The Wasteland


I have a rule when I'm doing my heavy iron-pumping: when one of three designated body parts loudly proclaims "Screw you, Mojo, we're done for the day," then I must immediately halt my workout session and go home. It's called Being Older And Wiser And Knowing One's Limits. I had a really good lift with the legs on Monday, but yesterday my lower back (the holiest of the three) twinged ever so slightly and so I gave myself the day off. Today I was back in the gym, merrily going from set to set acting all He-Manly, when my right elbow began to scream at me. This was a problem; I have recurring tendonitis in that part and if I don't immediately stop and go ice it down at that juncture, I will be done for at least two weeks. So I quit for the day and went home --and ended up working in the garden in my workout jeans and getting them throughly soaked at the cuffs. And as I rolled them up I looked like a total dork and the words of the poet came flooding back to me.

Man, time is starting to catch up to me.


Technorati Tags: ,

No comments: