I'm on MeWe now!

Check out my updates on MeWe: https://mewe.com/i/davidwhite2368

Monday, May 17, 2021

The rare moment of quiet

For absolutely no reason, I got up before the Mrs. today.  I would have gone for a ride, except it takes me about an hour to be fully ready, and by then I am on household duty in case Boy wakes up early and decides to turn on the TV.

There's only so much one man can do around the house until he annoys his still-somnambulant spouse. Laundry has its limits, as does policing the kitchen.  In the end, the office is still the safest refuge, at least until the coffee is ready for sharing (two Splendas, whipped cream on top --I take mine straight, the way God and Mom intended).

Grades were posted at 5:45am, and files uploaded shortly thereafter to the departmental server.  Enough of you have heard my semi-annual tirade about how this is NOT 1997 and most of this is pure kabuki BS, so I will spare you all but the details: Canvas plus PeopleSoft plus auto-generated reports from the Registrar equals much less work for faculty IF people become even halfway aware of how things work.

So I am done, at least until students actually notice their grades and start whining.  And it is at this point that they all get reminded of what I said on the very first day: "The time to worry about your average is today, not the end of the semester, and certainly not the day after the semester ends."  

Meantime, I drink my coffee in peace.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have two blatant plagiarists, so Academic Dishonesty reports filed, head of department notified, I sit and wait for the pushback.