I'm on MeWe now!

Check out my updates on MeWe: https://mewe.com/i/davidwhite2368

Thursday, May 27, 2021

Gardening at night is never where...

 ...you want to be at any other time of the year except now.  We are now entering the "get it done before 9" portion of the summer, and that occasionally is going to mean low-light situations.  But it has to be done.  Now that I have downtime, I am starting to get things cleaned up thoroughly from the freeze.  It's too much to do in one day, even working through the mid-day sun. So I break it up into sections.  

Today was preliminary weeding in the Near Yard (as opposed to the Front Yard and the Far Yard), and that ended up involving the flamethrower ("Dracaris!")  I couldn't go all-out on the patio because the Bermuda grass is finally showing signs of life and I want it to take over between the flagstones.  Also, the shrimp plant has recovered and is going to remain the centerpiece of its bed, so no mass-flaming there.  

In theory, I should be also working on syllabi, reading, and doing a grade appeal panel, while dealing with larger integrity issues across the college.  I am, in fact, but I'm very non-linear in my approach.  

No comments: